- About Atomik Xport screen :
- The About Atomik Xport screen is displayed when you click on the About item from the Atomik Xport menu within InDesign. The
About Atomik Xport Screen includes buttons to activate or deactive the software, and also displays the version numbers of
the engine plug-in and UI plug-in.
- Atomik Tools :
- Atomik Tools is a pair of redistributable InDesign plug-ins that allow users to enrich their documents with additional information
that will subsequently influence the extraction by Atomik Xport.
- Atomik Xport :
- Atomik Xport is a pair of InDesign plug-ins that enable automated extraction of content from InDesign documents into XML
- Atomik Xport Installer :
- The Atomik Xport Installer is the application, which places the plug-in software, tutorials and other files on your local
- Automated Extraction :
- Automated Extraction is the process by which Atomik Xport extracts all the content from a InDesign document, using the Automated
Matching System (AMS). See also Automated Matching System (AMS) and Manual Extraction.
- Automated Matching System (AMS) :
- The Automated Matching System (AMS) is the functionality within Atomik Xport that uses Rulesets to determine which XML tags
content is extracted to, and to automatically extract all the content from a InDesign document.
- Box Ordering :
- Box Ordering refers to the order in which Atomik Xport navigates through text/image boxes in a InDesign document to extract
the content into XML. The Box Ordering functionality in Atomik Xport is accessed via the ‘Boxes’ tab in the Ruleset Editor.
See Default Box Ordering and Reverse Box Ordering.
- Boxes Tab :
- This tab in the Ruleset Editor displays the available box-ordering options, from which the user can select the preferred
method of navigating through the document when extracting XML.
- CSS :
- Cascading Style Sheets define how marked-up text will be displayed. Though primarily used for HTML, CSS can be used to specify
the presentation of XML content in a browser.
- Default Box Ordering :
- This preference causes Atomik Xport to move downwards from one text/image box to the next until it reaches a page boundary
or line divider, at which point Atomik Xport moves to the top of the next column to the right. If there is no column available
to the right, Atomik Xport will move to the next page.
- Demonstration Mode :
- Atomik Xport will run in Demonstration Mode unless it is ‘unlocked’ with a software activation key (obtained from Easypress
Technologies). In Demonstration Mode, Atomik Xport scrambles the XML output by turning randomly chosen words back to front.
All major functionality in Atomik Xport is still available in Demonstration Mode.
- Document Styles List :
- The Document Styles List appears in the Ruleset Editor, and lists the styles that are used in the InDesign document that
is currently active.
- Document Type Definition (DTD) :
- A Document Type Definition (DTD) is a definition of the structure of an XML document.
- DTD :
- see Document Type Definition.
- DTD Elements List :
- The DTD Elements List appears in the Ruleset Editor, and lists all the XML elements that are defined in the DTD that is being
used in the Ruleset currently being created/edited in the Ruleset Editor.
- Follow Groups preference :
- A box-ordering preference that causes Atomik Xport to extract content from all the boxes that have been grouped together
(using the InDesign grouping function) before moving to any other boxes.
- Image DTD :
- The Image DTD is a special DTD that invokes functionality within Atomik Xport for extracting image file references from InDesign
- Insert Overlapping preference :
- A box-ordering preference that causes Atomik Xport to examine and, where a rule exists, extract the specified content from
an inline text or image box.
- Line preference :
- A box-ordering preference that causes Atomik Xport to follow the chosen Box Ordering (Default or Reverse) until it encounters
a line (either horizontal or vertical) in the InDesign document.
- Markup :
- Markup is a system of adding tags to text to provide extra information. In the case of XML (Extensible Markup Language),
the tags describe the structure of the document.
- Output tab :
- This tab in the Ruleset Editor displays the options that govern XML output, allowing you to set encoding and whitespace preferences,
as well as embed your DTD, provide a stylesheet link and extract web-friendly images.
- Reverse Box Ordering :
- Reverse Box Ordering causes Atomik Xport to move left-to-right from one text/image box to the next until it reaches a page
boundary or line divider, at which point Atomik Xport moves to the left of the next row down. If there is no row available
below, Atomik Xport will move to the next page.
- Rule :
- A Rule is a mapping between a typographical style in an InDesign document and an XML element defined in the DTD.
- Rules tab :
- A tab within the Ruleset Editor that, when clicked, displays the rules for the current Ruleset and enables the user to create,
amend and delete mappings to DTD elements.
- Ruleset :
- A Ruleset is defined as a Document Type Definition (DTD) and a set of mappings from the styles used in a InDesign document
to the individual elements of the DTD. It also contains Box Ordering preferences that specify how Atomik Xport navigates through
a InDesign document.
- Ruleset Editor :
- The Ruleset Editor allows you to set up and amend rules for your ruleset as well as configure the ruleset preferences.
- Table DTD :
- The Table DTD is a special DTD that invokes functionality within Atomik Xport for extracting tables from InDesign into structured
XML tabular data.
- XML :
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) is a markup language that enables you to label your content in such a way that anyone can
use it. XML is similar to HTML which itself is used for most of today’s Web pages. However while HTML is concerned with describing
how content will be displayed and interacted with, XML describes what the data actually is. The power and flexibility of XML
means that it is fast becoming the standard holding and exchanging content.
- XSLT :
- A processing language for XML (in full Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations). It is often used for transforming
XML to HTML for display over the internet.